Thursday, August 6, 2009

Garage Pizza

First installment of LA Pizza! Can you handle this???! I'm STOKED
Photobucket

Farnosh took me to Garage Pizza the other night when this other non-pizza place we tried to go to was closed.
It was a good introduction to pizza here and I'm happy to say that you CAN get a decent slice in LA.

Photobucket

So this place is in an unassuming little strip mall thing in über -hip Silverlake. They have a jukebox and a counter where you can sit.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

There are tons of specialty pies/slices and I know I always review the plain slice but I was feeling wild and I got the "Treehugger" - it has olives, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and roma tomato. I don't remember what it cost, but it wasn't cheap.
Photobucket

Farnosh got artichokes and olives
Photobucket

So this is definitely not "NY Pizza" but it was still good. It's a pretty big slice and the crust, which I assume is one of the major differences between NY style and other pizzas, was good - just a different consistency. Whatever, it was delicious. Sharkey, the guy behind the counter, was a friendly guy and introduced himself and even made some other pizza recommendations for my blog, but I'll definitely be going back here (especially since it's open until 2am and you can come here after the bar).

Pizza lovers unite!


Garage Pizza
4339 W. Sunset Blvd (near Fountain Ave)
Los Angeles, CA 90029

2 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious there are SO many people named Farnosh in this world! And here I was thinking I was some loner with a unique name, and turns out there's another one within a 35 mile radius of where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that other farnosh moved, so you can go back to feeling special. as for the pizza, boo. i went there and i thought the cheese slice tasted like it had been reheated several times, like a frozen mama celeste pizza you've left in the oven for too long. the fat end part of the crust was like eating a stella d'oro breadstick. so dry and crispy i felt like i should be feeding it to some pigeons not trying to swallow it with my overpriced root beer. and overpriced! it's not like they were even busy. i was the only one in there and there were only like three tickets up on the board. maybe if you order an entire pie it's better? that's what i'll pretend for now...

    ReplyDelete

Pizza Partners

About Me

My photo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7S8izPaKKE