Friday, August 21, 2009

Brownstone Pizzeria

Photobucket

So I was walking around Eagle Rock last week with nothing to do and 45 minutes left on the meter after a disappointing attempt at vintage shopping. I had heard it was a cute neighborhood, but there was petty much nothing going on besides a couple of coffee shops, a book store, and this place. I wasn't necessarily hungry, but since this place was on my pizza list and I was right there, I decided to pop in because California Joanna is flexible like that.

Photobucket

So as you can see, I was the only patron in there at around 12pm and when I started taking pictures the woman who worked there started chatting me up. She was super friendly, I told her about my pizza blog and she was pretty excited about being up on it.

They have flat screen TVs if you're into that. A football game was on that I couldn't pay attention to.

Photobucket

I got a plain slice $2.50?
Photobucket

This was a fresh out of the oven slice. So hot. So cheesy. I was getting pretty into it, it smelled great. I was like whoa...what if there is good pizza in LA and everyone is just talking shit for no reason? And my first bite was pretty good. But THEN when i wanted to fold it, it just droopity drooped and went limp. Crust was too thin/couldn't hold the weight of the cheese. It wasn't even cheese overload, it was a normal amount of cheese and it was good. The sauce was also good - a little spicy. But you know when the crust is so thin that one bite = half the slice? That's what this was. I didn't really get a satisfying bite until I got to the bottom 1/4 of it where there's more surface area or something. And I'll say the part of the pizza between halfway down and the fat end crust was pretty delicious. But then the end crust didn't have enough salt and was just totally bland. It was almost like flatbread in consistency because it was so thin. Too bad because I really wanted it to be better.

The view outside the pizza place is pretty sweet, but I personally wouldn't want to sit outside because a lot of cars drive by, even in the middle of the day.
Photobucket

Brownstone Pizzeria
2108 Colorado Blvd (near Eagle Rock Blvd)
Los Angeles, CA 90041

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Partners

About Me

My photo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7S8izPaKKE