Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Russ Pizza

Photobucket

So I met up with Christine on Saturday for GPC #3 after she'd looked an apartment. I'd never been here which is kind of ridiculous, but I think I've always been turned off by the amount of people it looks like are in there on line since it's such a narrow entrance? When I got there there were a bunch of people waiting around, this doesn't seem like fastest place and I get the impression they don't really care.

Photobucket

 I don't think I knew they had seating in the back in the way that Italy Pizza also does. The seating area is pretty substantial and it seemed like most of the people who were on line were taking their pizza to go and not hanging around like us.

Photobucket

Plain slice $2.25 

Photobucket

This slice is not from a fresh pie, and it needed to be heated up. It took longer to heat up than it should when I'm hungover and want pizza AND as you can see, it's smaller than the Schmook's slice. I have to say I really liked it though; the cheese was salty, the sauce was good - it reminded me of one of the Park Slope pizza places I used to go to growing up. Smiling, I think? The crust was okay; it was crispy and wasn't undercooked but it could have used more salt. The main issue here is that this is one helluva greasy slice. Christine did "the dab" - seriously, check this out:

Photobucket

Kind of gross, but listen, we got another slice to share just to be sure and we got a slice from a fresh pie. It kind of does make a difference. It was still amazingly greasy, but very good.

Photobucket

What else?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pros: Yum, my favorite so far on the GPC
Cons: Slice too small for amount I want to eat, slow service, fountain soda tasted like crap and the large isn't large enough

Photobucket

Russ Pizza
745 Manhattan Ave (Btwn Meserole and Norman)
Brooklyn, NY 11222

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Partners

About Me

My photo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7S8izPaKKE