Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lenny's Pizza

Photobucket
Image stolen from the Slice blog

So I was in Park Slope on Monday and had an hour to kill before recording. It was pouring and this place is right by the studio so I stopped in. Technically I'm only supposed to review Greenpoint pizza, but I make the rules here and decided now I just do whatever. This place has a good reputation, I don't know why. 

I got a plain slice $2.50

Photobucket
The asymmetry of the fat crust bothers me

Fine. It looks good - it always does, right? Looks can be deceiving. Folks, for those of you who are into it, Lenny's is a thin crusted slice. I am not one of these people who are into it, apparently. The crust was so thin that the sauce  just made it soggy. The sauce was good, but listen - I don't want a soggy slice. And although not as greasy as the slice from Russ, this is still an intensely greasy slice. The cheese is good - no complaints. Will there be a day where I complain about cheese? I dunno. So I had this mush of a slice of pizza and when I got down to trying to enjoy the fat end crust, I just couldn't. This crust tasted the most like cardboard out of all the slices I've reviewed so far. Needs more than salt to fix this one. 

Photobucket

I like that there's a good amount of seating in the back and God knows I love wood paneling. The old guy who works there (is that Lenny? I don't even know...) was nice, cracking jokes that I had to politely laugh at since they were directed at me since I was the only one in there and while Hot 97 blasting over the speakers is not my thing, they played T.I.'s Whatever You Like, which of course you know made me happy because you guys know me so well; however, credit cannot be attributed to the establishment for that one. Run-on sentence much? I don't even bother editing apparently...Sorry dad.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Pros: A lot of places to sit, Lunch special of 2 slices and a small fountain soda for $4.50
Cons: Crappy pizza for realz, my Diet Coke fountain soda (which they don't put any ice in) tasted like root beer halfway though. 

Photobucket

Lenny's Pizzeria
594 Fifth Avenue (btwn 16th St and Prospect Ave)
Brooklyn, NY 11215

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Partners

About Me

My photo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7S8izPaKKE