Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Italy Pizza

Photobucket


On Saturday afternoon I went to Italy Pizza. I chose it as the first stop on my official Greenpoint Pizza Crawl (GPC) because based on what I already know I think it's my favorite.

Photobucket

I got a plain slice - $2


Photobucket

The slice i got had been sitting around for awhile so the cheese had congealed. I could have waited for a fresh pie, but didn't feel like it. It had a nice crispy crust (I personally don't have a preference for chewy or crispy but this was nice). It's got a thick crust, so it's pretty heavy. I like that the sauce isn't sweet. I don't like sweet sauce, ugh. I don't know if it's because I was hungover, or what, but I felt pretty gross about halfway through my slice. I had to take a breather. It was pretty greasy but in a good way.

My friend Chris got a white slice that also was pretty heavy and made him feel gross. But look at that bubble!

Photobucket


He liked it. The crust on his slice was much thicker and chewier. I like that there's an inconsistency there.

Photobucket
yummmm

So when you walk in the pizza counter is right there and you might not know there's seating in the back if it's crowded. I would order from this place, but I don't think I'd wanna walk the 4 blocks to my apartment from here with my slice, so the seating situation is good. I like the back area for privacy as well. I don't like people on the street watching me eat my pizza, okay?

Also this was on the wall and I feel like I need it for my apartment.

Photobucket

Pros: Good selection of slice toppings, Hot Italian guy making the pizza, really good fountain soda
Cons: I heard they put the pepperoni on the slice after it's already cooked, I was too embarrassed to take a picture of the Pizza Man.

Photobucket

Italy Pizza
788 Manhattan Avenue (btwn Calyer and Meserole)
Brooklyn, NY 11222

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pizza Partners

About Me

My photo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7S8izPaKKE